Monday, May 4, 2009

Restrictions for Sex Offenders

On Monday, May 4, 2009, the Texas Senate approved a bill that would put in place new restrictions on registered sex offenders. The bill would restrict registered sex offenders from using the Internet or other social networking sites, if their conviction involved an Internet crime. In addition, they would have to disclose their online identities to authorities. Some offenders convicted of sex crimes involving violence or soliciting minors on the Internet would be prohibited from having Internet access, some sponsors said.

I for one hope this bill gets passed into law. If criminals are kept off the streets, then these sick Internet pervs and pedophiles should be kept off the Internet. Especially when it comes to adults preying on minors/kids, this type of stuff really pisses me off. I won't even attempt to put myself in their shoes, to try and understand what must be going on in their mind, because it's already sickly obvious. In all honestly, if I was in charge of the punishments, I would place these fellas along with many others on the receiving end of a brass knuckle. There wouldn't be a need for long prison sentences, just disfigure their face for the rest of their life. So every time they look in a mirror they'll remember the punishment. Getting back to reality, Texas already has it set so that second convictions of first degree sexually violent offenses involving victims 14 years of age or younger measures as a capital crime punishable by death. I guess that is good enough to satisfy my blood thirst.

If the bill is passed it will take in effect Sept 1. Again I am hoping this bill gets passed, I feel like this should have been done a long time ago. More and more people gain access to the Internet every day. And luckily things are being done to counter the newcomer online sex offenders( To Catch a Predator), while still keeping a close watch on the ones already convicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment